A Ruby interface for the libtorrent C++ bittorrent library. You can use it to create bittorrent enabled Ruby programs.
Please note that libtorrent-ruby is a library and not a bittorrent tracker, however there is a simple bittorrent tracker provided in the example code.
libtorrent-ruby has most features in libtorrent covered:
- Clean, intuitive Ruby interface: write a fully functional bittorrent client in just a few lines of Ruby code.
- Serves multiple torrents on a single port and in a single thread.
- Supports files > 2 gigabytes.
- Fast resume support.
- Gzipped tracker-responses.
- Configurable upload/download bandwidth.
- Configurable peer choking.
- Selective downloading: select which parts of a torrent you want to download.
- Supports HTTP proxies and proxy authentication.
You must have libtorrent-0.10 or later installed, you can get it from the SourceForge project page.
The libtorrent-ruby source code is available for download from the RubyForge project page.
Please feel free to post comments, criticism, bug reports, patches or marriage proposals to the libtorrent-ruby developer mailing list.
libtorrent-ruby is Copyright © 2006 Joshua Bassett.
libtorrent is Copyright © 2003 Arvid Norberg, Magnus Jonsson.